Blast Waves is a tactical shooter with rogue-like elements where you play as a grunt just trying to survive a galaxy-spanning conflict.
- Rapidly build and upgrade a squad as you progress through multiple battles, against increasingly overwhelming odds.
- Upgrade a trooper and his/her primary weapon as you gain commendations and skills for each battle survived. Every high score is a war hero with his/her own storied past.
- Unlock new armor sets, power ups, and character origins, each with their own unique starting weapons and attributes.
- Lay out your troops before each engagement, maximizing the use of cover and destructible terrain
- Time only moves as you move or take actions.
- Drag your character to create a path for them to move on.
- Tap and hold to crouch and pass time manually. Crouching near cover grants directional defense bonuses..
- Drag anywhere else and release to am and fire your weapon
- Alternative controls- tap target area to fire
- Not 100% sure on the release date. Could be 1-2 months depending on feedback. Lockdown’s made getting testers a little tougher than usual, so i’m opening this up to a beta a lot earlier than my other projects (it’s pretty crispy)- a few things are still WIP:
- Secondary mission types
- High score/medal mode
- Advanced weapon unlocks
- Advanced starting class unlocks
- Would appreciate qualitative feedback as well as bug reports. Thanks!
Testing link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/oHd984Bj